Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sometimes...

Sometimes I look at you and I wonder where they went...all the days between then and now that brought you to here...this day.

Sometimes I look at you and I wonder if they will all be this fast. The days, the minutes, the years.

Sometimes I want to skip sleep to give us double the time together even if it means I won't be able to function the next day.

Wait, that last one was a blatant lie. I only function with adequate sleep.

Sometimes I wonder who you will be and the thought of me not being here to see who you become literally robs me of breath. I can understand why moms because hypochondriacs.

Sometimes I wonder how another woman could possibly love you the way I love you and I understand why women sometimes hate their mother-in-laws...because they just don't get it until they become moms.

Sometimes I feel like an absolute FREAK of nature for feeling all of these things. I feel like an over-parent, helicopter, obsessive, can't live without you, you're always in my mind parent. Sometimes I feel like a complete freak.

And that's why it's so beautiful. I have always admired the freaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment