Friday, February 9, 2018

6 Great Lunch Restaurants

I like food.

Who doesn't?

Setting foot in a new restaurant inspires all senses. The atmosphere, smells, excitement for trying new cuisine, sights, sounds, all of it. I especially love to try a new restaurant on my lunch break. It's like taking a mini vacation in the middle of the day. I'm a fan of Mike Cunningham's restaurants. I could spend hours alone on the courtyard of Cobblestone Grill in Zionsville or rooftop patio of Livery with friends.

Here are my top 6 lunch spots.

Tlaolli: for tacos. You've never know about it if you weren't looking. It's a small house in Englewood between downtown and Irvington. Try it in the summer and eat out back. Go next door and grab a cup of coffee. You'll remember this experience, I promise.

20 Tap: for burgers and beer. This midtown spot feels like home. It's a neighborhood bar meets incredible food.

Petite Chou: for french onion soup with a side of frites. Has anything she has touched not been gold? This is a hefty meal, but sometimes when I'm on the patio at a table next to ivy, I feel like if only for a moment, I'm in Paris.

Bluebeard: for atmosphere. If you're a reader, this place was designed for you. They bring the receipts in books and handmade the long patio table out front

Sandra's Rice & Noodles: for everything. Take a hike at Fort Harrison State Park and head to Sandra's. Everything here is good. Ha & Sang are the most humble kind people who create the most beautiful dishes. GO!

Iozzo's: for the patio especially at night. I'm a fan of courtyards. This family is lovely and they've been at it for a LONG time.




No comments:

Post a Comment