Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Tiny Movement and Using Space Wisely

If you follow the tiny movement, you know there is a new obsession with living small so you can LIVE big. I support this message. But after one night in a TINY hotel room with my Grandma and my child, it was decided. I could never live THAT small.

Here are 4 ways we have used our small spaces. (And by the way, I don't stage photos and I don't use a fancy wide angle lens camera. Real life is messy.)

Dog Beds under our custom sunroom/office desk. They are clearly used by Myles, the white seal.
Organization in a small house is key. (This is coming from a creative minded person). Here are four small bins labeled: soaps, dental care, lotions, shampoos. I can't believe I own a label maker. Who am I?
And here are built-ins in the bathroom with baskets for each of us. 

I love white bedding. It makes a small room look elegant and bigger. Next up-floor to ceiling curtains...another way to create the illusion of a bigger window.  
Our fixer upper is just the right size for our family of 3. Yes, I do occasionally walk thru a friend's mansion and think it would be nice to be able to do a round-off back handspring back tuck in my living room. And then I remember. Bigger means more stuff and I can't actually do a back tuck or a back handspring. So we're good with small.


No comments:

Post a Comment