Thursday, September 18, 2014

I Hope I'm There

I hope I am present shortly after the birth of your first child.

Physically.

Emotionally.

Spiritually.

I hope I'm there to watch you hold him or her for that very first time as your entire life flashes before your eyes and for the first time you get it...what it feels like to lay your life down for another, how it feels to understand what really matters.

I hope I'm there. Whatever plane, train, cab, bike or UFO needs to get me there. I hope I'm there.

I hope God gives me 30+ more years of health to be present for you in this phase of life. I hope I'm there to watch you when he is she is 2 (just like you). I hope I'm there to peak in at you when you rock him.

I hope you're the kind of Dad who rocks him.

I hope I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment