Wednesday, July 16, 2014

One of Those Night

We had a night...

A long stroll navigating through too cool for July summer air where we met five baby ducks and a Great Blue Herron who seemed to be our guide.

A redbox.

A trip to CVS where you attempted to pull almost everything you saw off the shelves.

An early evening spent in the back yard digging and planting and watering our garden as a family. Dinner created from whatever we had in the kitchen. A wonderful bath where we made up songs and talked about our day.

You told me you were put in timeout for hitting Natalie. I praised your honestly and talked about the word "sorry" and forgiveness.

I don't know how half of this stuff comes to me...oh, yes I do. It comes straight from my mother and our daily chats. The important lesson of Time Out is forgiveness from both sides she tells me.

Forgiveness. Isn't that a lesson we are all still learning?

One of those nights I'll hold close and attempt to repeat knowing it may never be quite as good as this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment