Monday, July 15, 2013

You Will Always Be...

I've been sneaking into your room late at night again. You look smaller curled up like that. I know that crib will soon become a bed and that bed will soon become a bigger bed in a bigger room far away from home one day. I know these things and I'm savoring this time with you.

Tonight you crawled up on the couch with me and nuzzled your tiny curl filled head into my arm. You giggled as I tickled you under your chin...the place that still gets you every single time even when you're upset. You laughed and laughed and laughed and I faded away to the most amazing space of motherhood.

I've been sneaking into your room late at night again because I know one day you won't want me there. You will want your privacy and that's okay. I want you to be independent. It is your right of passage. I want these things for you.

You've never been a snuggly baby, but when you're overwhelmed and overstimulated, you seek comfort nuzzled into my chest. If I could choose one place for you to be forever, it's there...nuzzled in my chest counting my breaths like when you grew inside of me for 2 months shy of a year.

I've been sneaking in your room at night to stare at you because for right now, you still look like my tiny little baby all curled up like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment