Sunday, April 22, 2012

She's back and she's a little rusty, folks

Last week after cleaning up another wonderful puddle of pee courtesy of our dog, I reached for a new roll of paper towels and discovered the unthinkable. We had one roll left.  How was this possible? I realized I took a one month hiatus from coupons post baby, but could this be happening? Was this real life? Was my stock pile dried up? I took immediate inventory of the toilet paper and same situation. The supply was dwindling. The soap was down to one bar. The razors were getting dull. Time to button up on my time saving strategies and buckle down on dollar savings.

Yes, what they say is true having kids does change everything. You suddenly have a new amazing purpose in life and no time to flip through Smart Source on a lazy Sunday morning. My friend filled me in on a website called Krazy Coupon lady. Where have you been, friend? This resource outlines all savings opportunities and tells you where to find the coupons. It is awesome and a great place to start:
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/

While Jack happily napped in his swing, I caught a few minutes to glance at the CVS ad and started circling items we needed. I ended up with all of this for $27:
Was I disappointed? Of course I was, but the paper towels alone run $15.49 and the double stuffed oreos (impulse buy) are just as good as I remembered. It's like putting your tennis shoes back on after a year-long break from working out. We'll get back to the $4 goal. 

Until then, check out Krazy Coupon Lady. http://thekrazycouponlady.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment