Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Record Player and The Theater

Our day wasted away listening to old records with our feet propped up on the dining room table. You asked me about the music.

"Is this Uncle Josh?" you asked.

"No, this is Miles Davis," I responded.

"Why isn't he singing?" you said.

"Because this is jazz, honey...some of the best music you will ever hear."

"Ok," you said.

"Check out my moves," you screamed as you body convulsed around the living room.

"Check out my moves," you said.

Where do you learn these awesome phrases? We got dressed up and went to your very first movie. "Annie." You smiled with a full cheeked smile and squinty eyes. Anytime we laughed, you laughed so loud it made other people in the theater laugh.

When we got home, it was back to old records and running around the house at full speed. These are my favorite things, honey...old music, new movies and the three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment